Global Dialogues: Fashion Digital Marketing conference will be held at Coventry University London Campus E1 7JF on 4th September.
It is a central London one day fashion conference with talks on social media marketing (including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and WeChat…) and fashion social phenomena research by renowned researchers and industry professionals, an exhibition, followed by an evening networking drinks reception.
Register and secure a ticket: v.ht/PrHD
Find out more about the conference: http://www.xterrace.com/fdm15
These two-week tasks can be shown as below.
- Please update the meeting outcomes with potential sponsors by Friday 5pm to be included in leaflets
- Please contact food, drinks, publishers, newspaper, magazines for possible sponsorship support
- Please input your list to Mailchimp (by Wednesday 5th midday)
- Please carry on collecting more opinion leader contacts (200 more)
- Each team to sell 15 conference tickets, 5 evening tickets by next Monday.
- Each team to add contacts collected previous week to MailChimp, Shamsa, please count the number (to match with targets) and let me know which team has completed the task.
- Each team to collect 300 contacts by Friday 3pm.
- Each team to follow up the goals discussed and present achievement by Monday.
- PR team to report back the deals with sponsors to be included in leaflets. Leaflet artwork to be sent to City Print on Thursday, can we have them printed and delivered to CULC before Tuesday?
The meeting outcomes with potential sponsors:
There is a good new from the city print. They had agreed to print out all the materials (3000 leaflets, 200 brochures and 5 posters) for free. We original planed to print out the leaflets by this last Tuesday. However we got a terrible mistake during this period. We sent the wrong logo with city print on the back of the leaflets for city print. They were shocked by this situation. And they did not believe that we use the correct logo on our social media websites. They required me an explanation. So I just sent the explanation and the apologise letter, as well as going to their office to explain. Also, I was trying to send the evidence from both of our social media websites and new leaflets with the correct logo. This problem is being solved in the progress.
Figure 1. An apology letter to City Print
For the lulutrip, there still have some episodes. Originally, they suggested providing us £600 during the phone. Also, we had a happy progress during the Monday meeting and they upgraded to £800 including sponsor the evening party as well. However after few days, they replied to me that they could only provide 5 one-day travel tickets to London. When we got this result, we were trying to contact other travel agencies. Hino agreed to provide £150 cash support to us and they did not care other travel agencies as the sponsors as well. We asked for lulutrip but they do not want to get together with other travel agencies as sponsors. As this time, we also add additional sponsorship benefits for them. The additional benefits can be shown as below:
We are using multiple social media channels, with videos ,images and text to promote the event and the sponsors, they will also be included in promotional video to be shared online. And we have 8000 followers, 1000 guests on the mailing list, and 3000 leaflets to reach to up to 12,000 potential consumers.
Luckily, Lulutrip has agreed to provide us 2 rooms for 2 night stay for our speakers after negotiation. And the latest update is that they have booked HolidayIn hotel near the old street for us.
For other food and drink sponsors, our team has printed out the sponsor invitation letters and tried to ask for the restaurants, wine shops and bakeries near to our campus in 2 miles. But it is quite difficult to find the food and drink sponsors and we are still trying to find them.
For the MailChimp, our team has collected 300 contacts from digital marketing, graphic design, creative, pr and consultancy companies. Also, we have collected 200 contacts from fashion leaders including bloggers, designers and media people.